AME Course Details
Aircraft Maintenance Engineering course deals with the maintenance, repair and troubleshooting of the problems. The well-being and protection of aircrafts and its passengers are responsibility of AME. This is international license-based course. Through this license AME can build their career in private or government sector worldwide.
Before pilot takes off AME has to check the aircraft properly and sign the Flight Releasing Certificate (FRC) then only flight can take off. The duration of Aircraft Maintenance Engineering is 2-year academic programme divided into 4 semesters including practicals.in campus and AMO (HAL KANPUR & AIRONE AVIATION PVT.N. DELHI). After completion of 2 years academic programme, Institute issues Completion of Course (COC) to the candidates.
Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Course Eligibility
It is the unique engineering program as compared to traditional engineering like BE and B Tech.
The candidates who desire to be an AME have to fulfil following eligibility:-
- Candidate must passed 10+2 with non-medical stream or equivalent AICTE approved 3 years engineering diploma in any stream or any higher qualification in science with Physics and Mathematics at the time of admission.
- Candidate who are eligible for admission in B Tech Courses are also eligible for Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Course. Candidate age can be between 16 to 28 years at the time of admission.
- Candidate must not have colour blindness and any physical disabilities.
- Candidate must have minimum 45% marks in 10+2 in PCM or equivalent.
- To do Aircraft Maintenance Engineering one should qualify Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Common Entrance Test (AME CET 2020).
Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Course Syllabus
To get AME license candidate have to clear 10 modules which are as follows:-
- Electrical Fundamentals -Module 3
- Electronic Fundamentals-Module 4
- Digital Techniques Electronic Instrument Systems-Module 5
- Materials and Hardware -Module 6
- Maintennance Practices- Module 7
- Basic Aerodynamics -Module 8
- Human Factors – Module 9
- Aviation Legislation- Module 10
- Aircraft Aerodynamics, Structures and Systems- Module 13
- Propulsion – Module 14
Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Career Opportunities
India is growing in aviation industry speedily which is great news for those who desire to make career in aviation. Air traffic in India is growing year by year which lifts up the requirement of aircrafts. Due to this many companies such as Indigo, Air India, Jet Airways, etc ordered new aircrafts which give boost to Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Course Career Opportunities.
The AME Career Opportunities are at the following places:-
- Airlines:- Airlines are company that provide air transport for the passenger’s to travel. Before aircraft fly, Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer has to analyse and solve the problems of aircrafts. After signing Flight Releasing Certificate (FRC) an aircraft can fly.
- Maintenance, Repair and Overhauls (MRO) industries:- MRO companies are those companies which specialize in performing maintenance actions on aircraft and their components such as jet engines, landing gears etc. To maintain the actions licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer are required.
- Aircraft Manufacturing Companies:- Aircraft Manufacturing Companies deals in the manufacturing of aircrafts such as Boeing, Airbus etc. For maintaining and operating engines, electronics system etc Aircraft Maintenance Engineer are hired.
- Aircraft Part Manufacturing Companies:- Aircraft are made up of numerous parts. To manufacture those parts Aircraft Part Manufacturing Companies have builds. Aircraft Maintenance Engineer can analyse those parts and help them to build better one.
- Aircraft Operation Organizations:- EASA, ICAO etc are the Aircraft Operation Organization. There organization deals with safety and security of civil aviation. When it’s about Safety in aircraft, Aircraft Maintenance Engineer is the first name that came out.
- Aviation Training Centres- There are Aircraft Maintenance Engineer who tells other candidate about the Aircraft Maintenance Engineering and its scope.
- Flying Clubs:- A flying club is an organization that provides its members with affordable access to aircraft. That aircraft need to be maintenance which is done by licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineers.
- Civil Defence Forces:- There are many aircrafts which defence use for various purposes to protect the country. Defence are also maintenance by license Aircraft Maintenance Engineer.
- And any place where an aircraft is used in Civil:- Wherever aircrafts are used they require to be maintained by authorised Aircraft Maintenance Engineer.
AME Fee Structure
||Book + Uniform Fees
||Caution Fees (Refundable)
||MRO Pratical Training Fees